HDFC Bank has made some changes to Smartbuy and Diners 10X rewards program for September 2019. Let’s see what those changes are.
Smartbuy 10X Program
The validity of Smartbuy 10X program has been further extended to
31 October 2019 30 November 2019. HDFC has silently updated the last date of this offer in their Terms & Conditions to 31 October 2019 30 November 2019 keeping rest everything same.
- 10X Reward Points on HDFC Bank Infinia, Diners Club and Regalia credit cards
- 5% cash back on other HDFC Credit and Debit cards up to maximum of Rs. 1,000 per calendar month
- This covers Flights, Hotels, Flipkart/Amazon and Compare & Shop on Smartbuy
- Period: 1 September 2019 –
31 October 201930 November 2019
- Maximum Cap:
- HDFC Infinia: 25,000 reward points
- HDFC Diners Club Black: 15,000 reward points
- Other HDFC Diners Club variant and HDFC Regalia Credit Card: 5,000 reward points
- Rs. 1,000/- cash back on other HDFC Credit and Debit Cards
- Maximum Capping Reset: Every calendar month
- Fulfillment: Reward Points or cash back will be posted within 90 working days from the last date of transaction month
- Offer applicable only for PayZapp KYC registered customers
- Source: Website
Clearly nothing much has changed in comparison to July 2019.
Diners 10X Rewards
Payzapp, which was added in August 2019 to Diners 10X Rewards program, has been removed now. Ola & FirstCry are new additions in October 2019.
- Offer: 10X reward points on HDFC Diners Club Credit Cards for purchases made on 10X partners
- Period: 1 September 2019 to 31 December 2019
- Partners: Myntra, Swiggy, BookMyShow, Zoomcar, Godrej Nature’s Basket, Ola & FirstCry
- Maximum Reward Points:
- Diners Rewardz: 2,000
- Diners Clubmiles/Premium: 5,000
- Diners Black: 25,000
- Maximum Reward Points Capping Reset: Every calendar month
- Minimum Transaction: Rs. 150
- Exclusions: EMI transactions are not eligible for this offer.
- Fulfillment: Incremental 9X Rewards will be posted within 30 days from the date of settlement of the transaction
- Source: Website
Smartbuy 10X continues for another month which is a good news. HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black card holders can continue reaping a benefit of 33% reward rate using this program.
However it’s really sad to see Payzapp being removed from Diners 10X program. Now it has become really hard to maximize the benefit from this program. Also HDFC is back to posting incremental 9X rewards to 30 days from 2 days, which is again disheartening.
Update: HDFC Bank has introduced Gyftr as 10X partner in October 2019 and this extends the 10X rewards on many other brands like Ola, Uber, MakeMyTrip, Urban Ladder, Big Bazaar, More etc.
What do you think of these changes to 10X reward program by HDFC Bank? Let me know in comments below.