Visa is promoting contactless transactions aggressively these days and it has partnered with Kotak to offer Amazon vouchers on credit and debit card spends. Visa has brought the contactless offers in partnership with HDFC & SBI in the past too. Those who are not aware, a transaction of up to Rs. 2,000 can be made by tapping on contactless enabled POS terminals without entering the PIN.
- Offer: Amazon vouchers for top spenders on Kotak credit and debit cards
- Top 200 (100 each from Kotak Visa Debit and Credit card) spenders: Amazon vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 each
- Next 1000 (500 each from Kotak Visa Debit and Credit card ) spenders: Amazon vouchers worth Rs. 500 each
- Next 5000 (2500 each from Kotak Visa Debit and Credit card) spenders: Amazon vouchers worth Rs. 100 each
- Period: 1st September 2019 to 30th September 2019
- Minimum Transaction: Minimum 5 contactless transactions of at least Rs. 200
- Fulfillment: Amazon voucher will be sent to the cardholders through SMS/email 90 days after the offer period ends.
- Other T&C:
- Offer is applicable only on transactions completed through the contactless mode.
- Top spenders would be selected on the basis on their cumulative contactless spends during the offer period.
- Source: Website
I’m always hesitant about the offers based on top spenders criteria, mainly because there is no transparency. There is no realtime dashboard to see if you’re in the list of top spenders or not. I wish, Kotak should have structured this offer based on minimum spending criteria just like HDFC & SBI. Solely due to this reason, I feel this offer is not so great. However if you have a Kotak card which you already use for daily transactions, make sure you do those transactions in contactless mode instead of Chip & PIN.
Are you planing to use this offer? Let me know in comments below.