Visa in order to promote contactless transactions has collaborated with HDFC Bank to provide offers on their credit and debit cards. Earlier this year, Visa launched a similar offer in partnership with SBI Credit Cards. Those who are not aware, a transaction of up to Rs. 2,000 can be made by tapping on contactless enabled POS terminals without entering the PIN.
- Offer: On doing contactless transactions, get
- 2X reward points on HDFC Bank Visa Credit Cards
- 5% cashback on HDFC Bank Visa Debit Cards
- Period: Till 30th September 2019
- Minimum Transaction:
- Credit Card: Rs. 150
- Debit Card: Rs. 250
- Maximum Cap:
- 2,000 reward points on credit card
- Rs. 100 cashback on debit card
- Eligible Cards: All contactless enabled Visa debit and credit cards issued by HDFC Bank
- Fulfillment: Reward Points/Cashback will be posted within 90 days of the end of the offer period
- Other T&C:
- Offer is applicable only on transactions completed through the contactless mode
- Cashback on debit card is earned in the form of Cashback points, where 1 Point = 1 Rupee
- Cashback needs to be redeemed via Net Banking (Cards > Debit Cards > Enquire > CashBack Enquiry and Redemption > Account Number > Continue > Input the CashBack amount) or Phone Banking
- Source: Website
This offer translates to a reward rate of 2.6% for Regalia and 6.6% for Infinia card holders which is decent. However a low maximum cap on rewards is little disappointing. Also this offer is applicable only on Visa cards and hence cards issued on Mastercard and Diners Club platform don’t qualify for this offer.
Are you planning to use this offer? Let me know in comments below.