Yes Bank is providing double reward points on grocery shopping using credit and debit cards. Best thing is both online and offline spends are included in this offer. Let’s dive into more details of this offer.
- Offer: 2X reward points on grocery spends using Yes Bank credit and debit cards
- Period: 28th April 2020 to 31st May 2020
- Maximum Reward Points: 5,000
- Type: Available on Yes Bank credit and debit cards
- Fulfillment: Bonus reward points shall be credited to eligible customers accounts by 31st July 2020.
- Other T&C:
- The Offer is applicable only on merchants with MCC codes 5411 (Grocery Stores & Supermarkets) & 5311 (Departmental Stores).
- Not valid on EMI on Call & Instant EMI transactions.
- International grocery transactions are also included.
- Source: Email, Website
Due to travel restrictions caused by COVID-19, credit card companies are seeing a considerable dip in spendings. Citi and Amex have already rolled out some offers to attract customers. Yes Bank, with offer, joins the league by offering 2X reward points of groceries.
Below table summarizes the new reward rate due to this offer on different Yes Bank Credit Cards:
|Credit Card||Existing Reward Rate||Reward Rate due to this offer*|
|Yes First Exclusive||1.5%||3%|
|Yes First Preferred||1%||2%|
|Yes Prosperity Edge||1%||2%|
|Yes Prosperity Reward Plus||0.75%||1.5%|
|Yes Prosperity Reward||0.5%||1%|
* On grocery spends
As evident from table above, Yes First Exclusive Credit Card holders can enjoy a reward rate of 3% on groceries using this offer. Though this doesn’t beat the default reward rate of 3.3% on HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black, still it’s a decent offer.
What is your take on this offer from Yes Bank? Are you planning to utilize this offer for grocery shopping? Let me know in comments below.