HDFC Diners Club Black credit card is a super premium offering from HDFC Bank. This card provides the default reward rate of 3.3% which beats any credit card in Indian market. Also their 10X program accelerates the reward rate to a whooping 33% on select partner merchants. I believe there is no better reward rate for credit cards in whole world than this. Apart from fantastic reward rate, this card offers all other features a super premium credit card is supposed to.
This card is targeted for HNIs and hence eligibility criteria is tailored to target them.
- Age: 21 to 60 Years for salaried, 21 to 65 Years for self employed
- Salaried: Net Monthly Income > Rs. 1.75 Lakhs per month
- Self Employed: ITR > Rs. 21 Lakhs per annum
HDFC is very strict about the eligibility criteria for issuing new cards. However, the exceptions can be made based on your relationship with bank.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card comes with following fees:
- Joining fee: Rs. 5,000 + GST
- Renewal fee: Rs. 5,000 + GST
Renewal fee is waived off if spend in previous year is more than 5 Lakhs. Also first year fee is waived off if you have a good standing relationship with HDFC Bank.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card is feature packed and comes with multiple lifestyle and travel benefits.
Welcome & Renewal benefits
- 5,000 welcome reward points equivalent to Rs. 5,000
- 5,000 renewal reward points equivalent to Rs. 5,000
It’s evident that this card compensates both joining and renewal fees by equivalent amount of reward points.
- 1 reward point = Rs. 1 if used for booking hotels and air tickets at dedicated portal
- 1 reward point ~ Rs. 0.40 if used for redeeming from reward catalogue
- 5 reward points per Rs. 150 spent, 3.3% reward rate
- 10X rewards on Smartbuy (Amazon, Flipkart, Hotels & Flights) and partner brands (Tata CLiQ, Swiggy, BigBasket, Uber, BookMyShow, Furlenco & Treebo Hotels), 33% reward rate
- Monthly cap on reward points
- 15000 bonus reward points on Smartbuy
- 25000 bonus reward points on partner brands
- Reward points can be converted to AirMiles across British Airways Executive Club (Avios), Jet Airways (JPMiles), Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles) or Club Vistara in 1:1 ratio
10X rewards, though temporary, keeps on getting extended every month. 33% reward rate is unbeatable and this alone makes this card stand out from the crowd.
Airport Lounge Access
- Unlimited Airport lounge access to 700+ Lounges in India and worldwide
- Lounge access is limited to primary card member only
Unlike other cards, you can just swipe your HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card for international lounge access. No need to carry those extra Priority Pass/ Dreamfolks DragonPass.
- 6 Complimentary Golf games (Green fee waiver) per quarter around 20 golf courses in India and 40 golf courses around world
- 24-hour Golf Concierge Assistance services
24/7 Concierge Services for following requests:
- Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
- Car Rental and Limousine Referral and Assistance
- Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Business Services
- Courier Service Assistance
- Air Accident Cover of Rs. 2 Crores
- Emergency Medical Expenses Cover of up to Rs. 50 Lakhs
- Credit Liability Cover of up to Rs. 9 Lakhs
- Travel Insurance Cover of up to Rs. 55,000 on baggage delay (Capped to $10 per hour restricted to 8 hours)
- Low Foreign Currency Markup of 2%
- Revolving credit at low interest rate of 1.99% per month
- 15% discount at partner restaurants
- 1% cashback on international transactions using Global Value Program (annual fee of Rs. 199)
Though HDFC Diners Club Black credit card provides unparalleled benefits, it has some downsides also:
- Limited acceptability: Though coverage of Diners Club is expanding day by day, it’s not as good as Visa/ Mastercard. You need to keep a backup card handy always.
- Lounge access limited to primary card member: Wish they should have extended it to add-on members too like many other super premium credit cards.
- No fuel surcharge waiver: Every other credit card provides this, not sure why this doesn’t.
The 33% reward rate beats down any other super premium credit card in world. I won’t be wrong if I say 10X program is best reward program on credit card in the whole world. If you’re being offered this card, go for it without giving a second thought.
How has been your experience with HDFC Diners Club Black credit card? Let me know in comments below.