American Express (Amex) has rolled out a spend based offer on their cards wherein they are providing Taj Gift Card on meeting the spend target. This is a targeted offer and the spending threshold is different based on the segment of the customer. Let’s dive right into the details of this targeted offer to know more.
- Offer: Taj Gift Card worth Rs. X on spending Rs. Y and above during offer period
- Rs. 20,000 Taj Gift Card on spending Rs. 3 Lakhs
- Rs. 30,000 Taj Gift Card on spending Rs. 4.5 Lakhs
- Rs. 50,000 Taj Gift Card on spending Rs. 7.5 Lakhs
- Period: 22 February 2020 to 31 March 2020
- Excluded Cards: American Express Platinum Card, Consumer Co-brand Card & Corporate Cards
- Type: Targeted, enrollment required
- Fulfillment: Gift Cards will be sent to eligible Cardmembers on their registered email addresses by 30 June 2020
- Source: Email
I received an offer of Rs. 20,000 Taj Gift Card on spending Rs. 3 Lakhs on my American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (MRCC). This offer translates to a reward rate of 6.67% which is quite decent. One other reader has reported an offer of Rs. 50,000 Taj Gift Card on spending Rs. 7.5 Lakhs. Hence it seems, Amex has rolled out the offer to customers based on their spending pattern. It’s worthwhile to note that you can club this offer with 2X rewards on educational spends to enjoy a double dip.
What offer did you receive on your American Express Card? Are you planning to utilize the offer? Let me know by leaving a comment below.