American Express (Amex) unveiled the Unwrap Celebrations Diwali offer today to make the festive shopping more rewarding. In an email sent to their cardmembers today, Amex announced that card members would be rewarded with shopping vouchers on meeting the spend criteria specified. Let’s look into the details of this offer to know more.
- Offer: Get shopping vouchers on meeting the spend target as communicated by Amex. Below table summarizes the different spends target and corresponding value of Amazon vouchers for different segment of customers:
Spends Target Voucher Amount Voucher Brand Reward Rate Rs. 5,000 Rs. 250 Flipkart 5% Rs. 15,000 Rs. 750 Flipkart 5% Rs. 40,000 Rs. 2,000 Amazon 5% Rs. 1,00,000 Rs. 5,000 Amazon 5% Rs. 2,00,000 Rs. 10,000 Amazon 5% Rs. 3,75,000 Rs. 20,000 Luxe 5.33%
- Period: 15th October 2020 to 15th November 2020
- Type: Targeted, not valid if communication is not received from Amex. Register at URL received in offer emailer from Amex to avail the offer.
- Fulfillment: Shopping vouchers will be sent to eligible card members by 15th February 2021
- Other T&C:
- Enrollment required
- Applicable only on following cards:
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
- American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
- American Express Gold Credit Card
- American Express Green Card or RPM Credit Card
- Source: Email
Is this offer available to all Amex card members?
I didn't receive the email from Amex, can I still register and get shopping voucher?
This is a similar offer which Amex launched in August 2020. Only difference being the reward rate is slightly lower for certain spend targets.
I received this offer on my American Express Gold card wherein I have to spend Rs. 15,000 for an Amazon voucher worth Rs. 750. I believe I received a lower target as I don’t use this card frequently.
It’s nice to see that card issuers are rolling out festive offers to their card members. Let’s hope that more and more offers make our way to make the festive season rewarding.
What spending target did you receive on your card? Are you planning to utilize this offer? Let me know in comments below.