HDFC is providing free Netflix subscription for 3 months using HDFC Credit Cards. This offer is valid only on new sign-up with Netflix and is not applicable for existing subscriptions.
- Offer: 3 months cash back on new monthly subscription of Netflix
- Period: 1st August 2019 to 31st Oct 2019
- Maximum Cashback: Rs. 499 per month
- Eligible Credit Cards: HDFC Bank Infinia/Regalia/Regalia First/Business Regalia/Business Regalia First/Jet Co-brand/Diners Club miles/Diners Jet/Diners Black Credit Cards
- Eligible Plans: All plans of Netflix (Basic, Standard, Premium & Mobile)
- Fulfillment: Cashback will be posted after 90 days from the month of registration
- Other T&C:
- Customer should have active Netflix Subscription at the time of cashback posting on HDFC Credit Card
- Use of other bank credit card during offer period will render customer in-eligible for the offer
- Valid only on new Netflix subscriptions, not valid on existing one
- Source: Website
As per illustration on offer page, it seems one needs to have subscription active for at least 4 months to get cashback for 3 months. Hence it translates to a reward rate of 75% (3 Months Cashback for 4 Months subscription), which is quite good.
Netflix is trying hard to increase it’s subscriber base in India since it’s launch. Given that HDFC is biggest player for credit cards in India, partnering with them for this offer will certainly boost their clientele. I personally feel this is a fantastic offer and if you were thinking to subscribe for Netflix in the past, this is the best time to pull that trigger.
Let me know your thoughts on this offer in comments below.