Yes Bank announced 50% bonus reward points on online spends with Yes First Credit Cards. This offer comes just after the announcement of devaluation of Yes First Credit Cards starting July 2020. Let’s look into the details of the offer to know more.
- Offer: 50% bonus reward points on online spends with Yes First Credit Cards
- Period: 1 June 2020 to 15 June 2020
- Maximum Reward Points: 1,000
- Minimum Transaction: Rs. 2,500
- Applicable Transactions: Online
- Type: Available for selected Yes First Credit Card holders who received communication from Yes Bank
- Fulfillment: Bonus reward points would be credited by 15 July 2020
- Other T&C:
- Not valid on Fuel, Cash Advance, Fee & Charges, EMI on Call & Instant EMI transactions
- Online Spends will include all spends done Online/E-Com (Domestic and International) with Yes First Credit Cards
- Source: Email
This offer is a decent offer and will allow you to earn bonus reward points on online spends. Below tables summarizes the reward rate on Yes First Credit Cards:
|Credit Card||Reward Rate*|
|Travel & Dining||Others|
|Yes First Exclusive||4.5%||2.25%|
|Yes First Preferred||3%||1.5%|
* Utilizing this offer
Though the reward rate looks decent, the maximum bonus reward point you can earn is just 1,000 which is disappointing. You would be able to hit the maximum cap of reward points by spending Rs. 5556 on Yes First Exclusive and Rs. 8,333 on Yes First Preferred in Travel & Dining category. Also keep in mind that the above reward rate is valid only for redemption in the travel category. If you redeem the reward points for other options, the value of 1 reward point will decrease from Rs. 0.25 to Rs. 0.15.
This offer is just an offer for namesake and I don’t see much value in this. To make it lucrative, Yes Bank should have given a better bonus reward rate (like 5X or 10X) as well as a better maximum cap. In this current form, I am not going to utilize this offer.
What do you think of this offer from Yes Bank? Are you planning to utilize this offer for your online spends? Let me know in comments below.