HSBC has come up with a spend based offer for targeted segment of customers. This offer entitles card holders to get Amazon voucher of Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 3,000 on dining, telecom and fuel.
- Offer: Rs. 500/- Amazon voucher per month
- Period: 1 April 2019 to 30 June 2019 (both dates included)
- Minimum Spend: One transaction per month in each of the 3 categories (Dining, Fuel & Telecom) totalling Rs. 3,000
- Maximum voucher amount: Rs. 1,500 (Rs. 500 per month)
- Excluded Cards: Premier Credit Card
- Type: Targeted, not valid if communication is not received from HSBC
- Fulfillment: Amazon Gift Voucher will be sent within two calendar months from the end of the purchase eligible month
- Source: Email
This is a quite lucrative offer as it gives back as high as 16.67% in form of Amazon vouchers. Only downside is HSBC uses Merchant Category Codes (MCC) issued by Visa/MasterCard for determining the categories. Since MCC is not revealed by merchants, you can never be sure if your spending across all three categories to qualify for this offer.
Did you receive this offer email from HSBC? What do you think of this offer?