Standard Chartered unveiled the Festive 19 offer wherein it’s providing 1% unlimited cashback on credit cards. The cashback is applicable only when you meet the spend criteria for all months during the offer period. Also, the spend criteria is different for different card members and is based on usage pattern of the card.
- Offer: Get 1% unlimited cashback on meeting the spend target
- Period: 1st October 2019 to 31st December 2019
- Type: Open for all Standard Charted chard members, registration mandatory
- Fulfillment: Cashback would be credited to card account by 31st March 2020
- Other T&C:
- Offer valid only on registration
- To register, SMS FESTIVE to 57575 from registered mobile number
- Spends on e-wallet (Paytm, Mobikwik etc.) recharge & insurance
- Cash withdrawals from credit cards
- Spends beyond credit limit
- Source: Website
The spend target is communicated after you register for this offer. I received following SMS on registration for my Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card:
Congratulations! You have unlocked 1% Unlimited Cashback on all spends on your StanChart credit card till 31 Dec 2019. No max cap on cashback. Spend INR 15,000 or more every month in Oct, Nov and Dec to be eligible for the offer. For tnc, visit https://bit.ly/2mYLttr
Standard Chartered is decreasing rewards day by day and it’s definitely now a good news. The meagre 1% reward rate is underwhelming and unattractive. Standard Chartered really needs to roll its sleeve up and start providing better offers to retain its customers. Even though the target is low for me, I am not going to avail this offer owing to it’s low reward rate.
What’s your take on unlimited cashback offer from Standard Chartered? Let me know in comments below.