NPCI launched new tier for credit and debit cards named RuPay Select in TXN NXT event in Dubai today. RuPay Select is a premium tier equivalent to Visa Signature and Mastercard World and comes with host of premium features & benefits.
Some of the premium credit cards like HDFC Bank Reglia and ICICI Bank Sapphiro credits cards were launched on RuPay Select platform. New credit and debit cards on RuPay Select platform would be available soon in India.
RuPay Select card program brings multiple benefits ranging from complimentary Spa session to Golf program. Let’s look in to each of those benefits separately.
- One complimentary spa session every year
- One discounted spa session every month at
- O2 Spa
- Four Fountains
- AromaThai Day Spa
Just one spa session per year is really low and I wish this should have been at least once in a quarter.
- 15 days complimentary gym membership at Gold’s gym
- 30 days complimentary gym membership at Talwalkars
- 40-50% on membership post free trial
These are standard offers I don’t see much value here.
Health Check Up
- One complimentary health check up every year
- Discounted Health Check Up post utilization of free offer at Thyrocare or SRL Diagnostics
This is a value offering and would suffice most.
- One complimentary Golf Lesson/Round per year
- Discounted access from 2nd visit onwards
I can’t say much about it as I haven’t explored Golf Program on any of my existing credit cards. However, if you are in to Golf, this would certainly excite you.
Airport Lounge Access
- Complementary domestic airport lounge access – twice per quarter
- Complementary international airport lounge access – twice a year
This is really a good offer and would come in handy in case of domestic and international travel.
- Personal Accident and Total Disability Cover upto Rs. 10 lakh
- 24x7 Concierge Services
- Complimentary access to Happiness, Meditation and Yoga Programs at Art of Living
NPCI’s RuPay is trying to catch up with premium offerings from Visa and MasterCard and introduction of RuPay Select is a step in right direction. These benefits will surely attract the premium segment of card users, however I don’t see much value for super premium segment. I believe NPCI is trying bottom to top approach of acquiring segments and has offerings for lifestyle and premium segment set up now. I anticipate a launch of new tier equivalent to Visa Infinite and MasterCard World Elite in coming future.
What’s your take on RuPay Select cards? Let me know in comments below.