jcb, news,

JCB Cards launched in India

Pranav Pranav Follow Jul 23, 2019 · 2 mins read · 0 comments
JCB Cards launched in India

JCB in partnership with NPCI launched RuPay JCB Global Cards in India on 22 July 2019. Those who are not aware, JCB is a card network similar to Visa & Mastercard. It was established in 1961 as Japan Credit Bureau and is a major player in South-East Asia, especially Japan. JCB is continuously expanding it’s presence in world and is currently accepted in 23 countries worldwide. JCB has partnered with Amex, Diners Club, Discover & Union Pay in different countries to increase the acceptance of it’s cards.

Newly launched RuPay JCB Global Cards cards are accepted at RuPay enabled POS terminals in India and JCB enabled POS terminal internationally. These cards would be issued by State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Andhra Bank, City Union Bank and TJSB Bank for now.

RuPay JCB Global Card launch event

As a launch campaign, both the entities will run a special cashback program where card members can receive a cashback of 15% for POS transactions outside India. Additionally, card members will receive a further 15% (total 30%) in select popular destinations including Thailand, Singapore and UAE. More details on this offer are awaited. This card will also unlock access to in-city card member lounges, called JCB Plaza Lounge, in USA, France, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore as well as JCB Plaza in Japan and round the year merchant promotions all over the world.

JCB Plaza Lounge

The in-city lounges are unique offering from JCB and allow card members a convenient place to rest, leave baggage, local assistance with bookings, use WiFi and enjoy refreshments in prominent areas of the city. These lounges are located in key cities across the globe like Paris, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok amongst others.


This year, so far, has been very good for Indian card industry. We have seen the launch of may co-branded credit cards with fabulous offers. Launch of a new card network takes the games to a whole new level. I am really excited with the launch of JCB in India and expect more and more offers on it’s cards to attract people.

Have you ever used JCB card for payment? Let me know your experience in comments below.

Join Newsletter
Get the latest post right in your inbox. We never spam!
Written by Pranav Follow
Hi, I am Pranav! I love to acquire, review and earn reward points/cashback from Credit Cards. Guiding people about benefits and optimal utilization of credit cards for years.
Exclusive Offer on Citi Rewards Card
  • Rs. 1,000 Amazon Gift Card on spending Rs. 5,000 in first 60 days*
  • 2,500 activation bonus reward points*
  • 10X rewards on online and physical apparel & department stores spends
  • 300 bonus points on spending Rs. 30,000 monthly
  • 20% instant discount on Zomato & Swiggy*
  • 2 Months additional on 12 Months recharge of Tata Sky*
  • Earned Reward Points never expire
  • Fee waiver on annual spends of Rs. 30,000
Apply Now
* T&CA, Limited Period Offer
Read next