HDFC 10X Reward Points program on Smartbuy portal has been revamped and further extended till 30 June 2019. The most noticeable change is 10X reward point is valid only on HDFC Infinia, Diners Club and Regalia Credit Cards with new maximum caps. Other HDFC credit and debit cards will earn only 5% cash back up to maximum Rs. 1,000 per calendar month.
- 10X Reward Points on HDFC Bank Infinia, Diners Club and Regalia credit cards
- 5% cash back on other HDFC Credit and Debit cards up to maximum of Rs. 1,000 per calendar month
- This covers Flights, Hotels, Flipkart/Amazon and Compare & Shop on Smartbuy
- Offer Validity: 1 June 2019 – 30 June 2019
- Offer applicable only for PayZapp KYC registered customers
- Terms & Conditions
- HDFC Infinia: 25,000 reward points
- HDFC Diners Club Black: 15,000 reward points
- Other HDFC Diners Club variant and HDFC Regalia Credit Card: 5,000 reward points
- Rs. 1,000/- cash back on other HDFC Credit and Debit Cards
- Reward Points or cash back will be posted within 90 working days from the last date of transaction month.
- Eligible Cashback will be posted only in the customer’s PayZapp Wallet, not to credit or debit card account.
This revamp sunsets the lucrative 10X program for many HDFC Credit Cards. Though HDFC Infinia owners have escaped this revamp and HDFC Diners Club Black owners have suffered a minor set back, other credit card holders have been major victim of this due to huge reduction in maximum cap. Even the cash back on debit cards has been reduced to 5% from 10%. Also HDFC is trying to push PayZapp wallet hard and hence extending offer only to PayZapp KYC registered customers and is posting cash back to PayZapp wallet.
I feel this was imminent as the program was too good to be true in first hand. However the party still continues for HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black card members and I’ll say continue minting reward points till the program stays.
Let me know your views on this revamp in comments below.