HDFC Global Value Program is one of the most underrated and least talked offerings from HDFC Bank. This subscription program not only comes with welcome/renewal benefits but also offers extra cashback on international spends with credit card. Coupled with milestone benefits, which further enhances the reward rate, this program is a must have for international spenders.
What is HDFC Global Value Program?
Let’s look in to the details of HDFC Global Value Program.
- Eligible Cards
- Enrollment Process
- Personal Experience
- Annual Fee: Rs. 199 + GST
The annual fee is directly charged on HDFC Bank credit card on which the program is activated.
Global Value Program is available on select HDFC Bank credit cards. Below is the list of credit cards on which this program can be activated:
- HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Superia Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Titanium Edge Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Platinum Edge Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Visa Signature Credit Card
- HDFC Bank World MasterCard Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Platinum Plus Credit Card
- HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
- HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
- HDFC Diners ClubMiles Credit Card
- HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card
- HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card
It’s evident that this program can be activated on majority of retail HDFC Bank credit cards.
To enroll in to Global Value Program, you need to call the customer care and ask them to enroll your card for “Global Value Program”. The subscription amount would get charged on the day of placing the request. The program would get activated in three working days after placing the request. You will receive a SMS on your registered mobile number confirming the activation of program on your credit card.
HDFC Global Value Program provides multiple benefits on international spends with HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
- 500 reward points on first international transaction
- Fulfillment: Reward points would be credited within 60 days of first international transaction
It means Infinia and Diners Club Black card holders get a value back of Rs. 500 which is amazing. Similarly Regalia/Diners Club Privilege/Diners ClubMiles card members get a value back of Rs. 250 which is again great.
- 1% cashback on all international transactions
- Maximum Cap: Rs. 1,000 per month
- Eligible Transactions: Online as well as offline international transactions
- Fulfillment: Cashback would be posted to card 2 days after the generation of monthly statement
The cashback excludes the foreign currency markup fee and GST charged.
- Rs. 2,000 worth Yatra voucher on international spends of Rs. 1,50,000/- in a year
- Fulfillment: Voucher would be sent within 30 days of achieving the milestone
- Can be cancelled by calling Customer Service at any point after activation of program
Note that program fee and GST charged for the year won’t be reversed.
I enrolled for Global Value Program on my HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card by calling the dedicated support line. The agent explained me the benefits of the card and placed a request for enrollment on my card after getting a confirmation. My card was charged same day and I received an SMS on my mobile, exactly 3 days after, confirming the activation of program on my card.
Next day I swiped my card on international POS machine to make a payment. To my surprise, the welcome reward points were credited to my card just after the generation of the monthly statement. The cashback amount too was posted to my card 2 days after the generation of monthly statement. I also received an SMS confirming the credit of cashback amount to my card.
This is a fantastic offering from HDFC Bank which helps you compensate for forex currency markup fees. The welcome/renewal benefits itself cover the cost of this program. I would highly recommend you to enroll for this program even if you do just one international transaction in a year.
PS: If you’re planning an international vacation and want to save on forex markup, checkout the list of best credit cards for international travel and spends.
How has been your experience with HDFC Global Value Program? Let me know in comments below.