HDFC Bank has rolled out Christmas Offer on debit cards wherein it’s providing 5% cashback on in-store transactions in certain categories. The best part is that this offer is applicable on all types of debit cards issued by HDFC Bank.
- Offer: Get 5% cashback on in-store purchases with HDFC Bank Debit Cards
- Applicable Categories:
- Departmental Stores
- Period: 10th December 2019 to 10th January 2020
- Maximum Cap: Rs. 2,020
- Minimum Transaction: Rs. 5,000
- Excluded Cards: Virtual, Netsafe & ATM cards
- Type: Targeted
- Fulfillment: Cashback will be posted within 90 days of the end of the offer period
- Other T&C:
- Cashback is earned in the form of Cashback points, where 1 Point = 1 Rupee
- Cashback needs to be redeemed via Net Banking (Cards → Debit Cards → Enquire → CashBack Enquiry and Redemption → Account Number → Continue → Input the CashBack amount) or Phone Banking
- Source: Website
This is a nice offer from HDFC Bank and it certainly sweetens the festive shopping during Christmas and New Year’s eve. However restricting it to in-store purchases is a bummer. Also, as usual, HDFC Bank has made this offer available to certain segment of customer based on their discretion. I wish HDFC Bank should have rolled out this offer to all customers, instead of restricting it to a certain set.
Did you receive this offer from HDFC Bank? Let me know in comments below.