Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is a lifestyle co-branded credit card which provides accelerated cashback on Flipkart, Myntra and preferred partners. The main highlight of this card is default cashback rate of 1.5% with no capping which gets credited to card account 3 days before statement generation.
- Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for this credit card is very generic on Axis Bank website. However based on my conversation with their representative, below is the eligibility criteria for this card:
- Age should be between 18 to 70 years
- Salary account with Axis Bank: Net Monthly income > Rs. 15,000
- Salary account with other Banks: Net Monthly income > Rs. 25,000
- Self Employed: Net Monthly income > Rs. 50,000 or ITR > Rs. 6 Lakhs
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card comes with following fees:
- Joining fee: Rs. 500 + GST
- Renewal fee: Rs. 500 + GST
Surprisingly there is no mention of waiver of renewal fee on meeting annual spend criteria like other Axis Bank credit cards.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, though a entry level lifestyle card, packs a punch of features which are not common in this category.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card comes with joining and activations benefits of worth Rs. 3,300.
- Rs. 500 worth Flipkart vouchers on your first transaction within 30 days of card issuance
- Gaana Plus membership for 6 months, 50% off for the next 6 months subscription
- Rs. 500 off on domestic hotel on Goibibo and Makemytrip on a minimum booking of Rs. 2,000
- 15% cashback up to Rs. 500 on first transaction on Myntra
- 20% instant discount up to Rs. 400 for new Urban Clap customers
Rs. 500 Flipkart voucher evens out the Rs. 500 joining fee which is great. However, I feel, other welcome offers are gimmicky and are just to inflate the welcome offerings.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card comes with unlimited cashback which would be credited to card account three days before statement generation. The cashback rate is multi-tiered based on merchants and is summarized below:
|Flipkart, Myntra and 2GUD||5%|
|Preferred Partners (MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Uber, PVR, Curefit and UrbanClap)||4%|
|All other merchants||1.5%|
This credit card really shines in this department and 1.5% default reward rate gives competition to some super premium credit cards like Yes First Exclusive Credit Card.
Airport Lounge Access
- 4 complementary Domestic Airport Lounge access per year using Mastercard India Lounge Program
Airport Lounge access is uncommon for credit cards in this segment and I really appreciate Flipkart and Axis Bank for making it available on this card. You can easily even out renewal fee on this card from second year onwards by visiting the airport lounge just once in a year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4000
- 20% off at restaurants participating in Dining Delights program
- Convert purchases over Rs. 2,000 to EMI
Though Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is a fantastic lifestyle credit card, there are some downsides too.
- No waiver of renewal fee on meeting annual spend criteria like other credit cards
- No seamless online process for applying and getting the card as of now. However, it seems Flipkart & Axis Bank are working on the same and are claiming to have a virtual card issued in 3 minutes (!) in coming future.
I got Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card by upgrading from Axis Bank My Zone credit card. I called the customer care and placed a request for upgrade of my old card to Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. I was assured that my card would be issued in 7 days and same would be delivered within 7 days of issuance. After couple of days, I got an SMS from Axis Bank stating my Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card has been issued. I was able to see the new card along with old card in Axis Mobile app post that. However there was no way to see the card details and hence it was of no use. After 5 days, the physical card was delivered to my address.
The envelope just contained the welcome letter, with card affixed on it, without any other documentation which was little strange to me. The credit limit and cash withdrawal limit provided was equal to my previous card. I immediately set the PIN using Axis Mobile app and the experience was seamless. Afterwards I did a small online transaction to check if the card was active and the transaction went through as expected.
Overall I had pleasant experience in acquiring this card. I believe this was mainly due to the fact that I upgraded and existing card to this card.
The default reward rate of 1.5% on Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is best in it’s segment right now and statement credit of cash back is cherry on the cake. Access to domestic airport lounges is another great feature which comes in handy during travel.
This card is ideal for first timers owing to it’s simplified reward program and low joining & renewal fee. I’ll also recommend this card to heavy online shoppers of Flipkart & Myntra as they get maximum reward rate of 5% on this card.
Let me know your thoughts on Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card in comments below.