American Express (AMEX) rolled out 100% cashback up to Rs. 18,000 on certain spends categories. This offer is in addition to Amex Double Rewards Offer making it really lucrative. Let’s look into the details to know more about this offer.
- Offer: 100% cashback on select spends on Amex Platinum Card
- Period: 28 May 2020 to 27 August 2020
- Maximum Cashback: Rs. 18,000
- Applicable Merchants: Flipkart, Bigbasket, Ethos Watch Boutiques, Home Centre, Lifestyle, Max, SPAR, Splash and Zomato
- Online: flipkart.com, bigbasket.com, ethoswatches.com and zomato.com
- Offline: Ethos Watch Boutiques, Home Centre, Lifestyle, Max, SPAR and Splash
- Type: Available for all Amex Platinum (Metal) Card holders
- Fulfillment: Cashback would be posted within 5 days of spends
- Other T&C:
- Offer only valid to India Cardmembers who save the offer to their card
- Offer is not applicable for Supplementary Cardmembers and hence any spend done by the Supplementary Cardmembers at the eligible merchants will not qualify for this offer
- Source: Email
This is a wonderful offer without too many terms and conditions attached to it. Moreover you can enjoy double dip using this offer along with Amex Double Rewards Offer getting a reward rate even higher than 100%.
For example, let’s say if you spend Rs. 18,000 on Flipkart, you will get cashback of Rs. 18,000. Plus you will get 900 reward points. If you redeem those reward points using “Select & Redeem”, you will get a value of Rs. 450. So overall on spending Rs. 18,000, you are getting Rs. 18,450 back which is 102.5%. Amazing, isn’t it?
This offer is really aggressive and Amex is trying to retain as many Amex Platinum Card Members as they can. Cards like Amex Platinum shine in the travel segment and travel is going to be restricted for at least a year due to COVID-19. This offer will certainly persuade the Amex Platinum Card Members to renew the card as they would be recovering a part of annual fees utilizing this offer. I expect more fabulous offers on Amex Platinum Card during the festive season.
I hope Amex will roll out similar offers on other lower segment cards too. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
PS: Thanks Sujit for sharing the offer details.
What do you think of this offer from Amex? Have you seen a credit card offer better than this? Let me know in comments below.