HDFC is showering offers this quarter and they are offering 5% cashback on online spends with their debit cards. This offer would be helpful to earn cashback on merchants which are not covered under 5% cashback program for debit cards on Smartbuy.
- Offer: 5% cashback on all online spends with HDFC Debit Card
- Period: 10 July 2019 to 30 September 2019
- Maximum Cashback: Rs. 500
- Minimum Transaction: Rs. 2000
- Exclusions: Virtual, Netsafe & ATM cards, not applicable for transactions done via SmartBuy
- Fulfillment: Cashback will be posted to debit card within 90 days after the offer end date, cash-back needs to be redeemed via Net Banking (Cards > Debit Cards > Enquire > CashBack Enquiry and Redemption > Account Number > Continue > Input the CashBack amount) or Phone Banking
- Source: Website
HDFC is trying hard to push the online usage of their debit cards and this offer may help them in this regard. However I feel the maximum capping of Rs. 500 is pretty low and HDFC should have increased the limit considering the offer is running for 3 months. Also cashback redemption process is not straight forward and I wish HDFC would have just credited the cashback directly to the bank account without the need of redeeming it manually via net banking or phone banking.
Let me know your thoughts on this offer in comments below.