RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card is an entry level lifestyle credit card focused towards movie buffs and fine diners. This card provides BookMyShow movie vouchers every month on meeting the spends criteria and provides 20X reward points on dining spends on Wednesdays.
Earlier this card was known as RBL Bank Fun Plus Credit Card, however later RBL Bank rebranded it as Movies & More Credit Card, changing the criteria for earning movie vouchers and annual fees.
RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card comes in maroon color with shiny murals printed in dark red at front face. Overall the card feels good in hand and looks attractive. This card is available on MasterCard platform and is enabled for contactless transactions.
- Eligibility Criteria
RBL Bank has not disclosed any specific eligibility criteria for this credit card and it seems it’s open for all individuals with age between 21 to 65 years. Obviously a good credit score and stable monthly income is required for easy approval of the card.
RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card comes with following fees:
- Joining fee: Rs. 1,000 + GST
- Renewal fee: Rs. 1,000 + GST
Renewal Fee is reversed second year onwards on crossing spends of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs in the previous billing year.
RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card is targeted for avid movie goers and fine diners. Hence the features are also tailored to attract them.
- 4 movie tickets worth Rs. 250 each at BookMyShow
BookMyShow vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 are provided which can be redeemed in 2 transactions of Rs. 500 each and maximum of 2 tickets in each transaction. It’s quite clear that RBL Bank compensates the joining fee of the card by these vouchers.
- 2 free movie tickets worth Rs. 250 each at BookMyShow on monthly spends of Rs. 15,000
- 1 free movie ticket up to Rs. 250 at BookMyShow on monthly spends of Rs.10,000
This is quite a good value proposition and translates to a reward rate of 3.3% on spending Rs. 15,000 per month.
Monthly vouchers can be redeemed directly on BookMyShow website by selecting “RBL Bank Monthly Offer” option in “Unlock offers or Apply Promocodes”. The amount is deducted instantly based on your offer and you can proceed to pay the discounted amount using RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card. Also there is no quota and you should be able to redeem the offer against any movie at any time given seats are available.
- 10 reward points per Rs. 100 spent at BookMyShow, Pizza Hut and KFC, ~2.5% reward rate
- 20 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on dining on Wednesdays, ~5% reward rate
- 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other spends except fuel, ~0.25% reward rate
- 10% discount on movie tickets at BookMyShow
5% reward rate on dining is really lucrative, only downside being availability on Wednesdays. 2.5% reward rate on Pizza Hut and KFC is also decent and this card help you save some bucks if you’re their regular customers.
- 5,000 bonus Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs, ~ Rs. 1,250
- Additional 10,000 bonus Reward Points on crossing annual spends of Rs. 3.5 Lakhs, ~ Rs. 2,500
You can achieve a reward rate of ~3% if you spend Rs. 3.5 Lakhs in a year and utilize BookMyShow vouchers each month. This can improve further if you spend on dining on Wednesdays. This is way better than most of the other cards in this category.
- Fuel surcharge waiver at any petrol pump in India up to Rs. 100 each month
RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card, though has a lot of potential, it lacks some desirable features which sets it back:
- No option of converting reward points to cash/statement credit
- No airport lounge access
- Average customer support
Their customer support is a big concern and their support lines are always busy. Once, I had to report a fraudulent transaction on my credit card and I was able to speak to a human only after holding the line for 15 minutes. Their email response is also very slow and RBL Bank definitely needs to work on this aspect to make it better.
RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card is a perfect card for movie buffs. Two movie tickets per month on spending just Rs. 15,000 is incredible. However, if you are not in to movies, I’d advise to stay away from this card.
Let me know your views about RBL Bank Movies & More Credit Card in comments below.